Thursday 21 February 2013

Continuous swirls

Here's a little look at some of this week's quilting. I'm calling the design continuous swirls, because it works a bit like continuous curves, in that you can just move from one patch to the next through the corners.


I find these are much better if I freehand mark by hand first. I start my making a dot (just by eye, no measuring) in the centre of the patch, swoop into it from one corner, then swirl out to the opposite corner, then echo on either side.

There are also happen to be some continuous curves in the square patches. I actually mark these, too - again just freehand, but otherwise I tend to make them very wonky and off-centre.

5 comments:

Joan said...

Looks lovely Emma.

Vicki W said...

That's a really nice treatment.

Lori S said...

Looks great!

Quiltin Jenny said...

I love the look of this and so appreciate you explaining how it works.

Can't wait to try it! Thanks!

FlourishingPalms said...

Your continuous swirls design is so pretty! Thank you for sharing how you created it. This will definitely go into my library of designs.