Sunday 24 February 2013

Recrystallising

I made a start today on the second version of Crystallised. I chose a different thread palette:


And I tried something I've not done before...

 

...I threaded two threads through the needle, in the hopes it would stand out better. It's really easy to do on the 820 and worked perfectly.


This time I'm using a gorgeous batik backing which shows the quilting nicely.


This is the first, and largest-diameter, doily, with 1/3 - 1/2 of the quilting done.

I'm linking up with Leah's FMQ Friday.

5 comments:

Marianne said...

I need to add this to my long list of things I want to try.

Anonymous said...

"Ditto" what Marianne said above. Wow, those double stitches really are perfect. I love the idea because it's a much more consistent look than variegated thread.

Lynette said...

OK - wow - two threads at once. Love the effect. I wonder how two different colors together would work out. . . So many possibilities!

Mrs A said...

Hi I just found your blog and your quilting is stunning, I noticed you didnt have the bsr foot attached, I have an 820 also, do you find it easier without it ?

Amanda said...

Putting two threads in at once is a really interesting idea...I'll have to keep it in mind!