Thursday 30 October 2008

A Pleasant Quandry

I have 4 quilts on their way to new owners. One being hand-delivered interstate, and 3 in the mail - one intrastate, one interstate and one international. And to be honest, I've been thinking more about them arriving safely than receiving my own ALQS and EBDQS quilts. Which, when you think about it, is a rather nice way to be! But this afternoon that changed! And had I had the slightest inkling that this beauty could be heading my way, it would've changed a lot earlier! (click to see detail - think I've got it worked out so you can at last!)
If the name on the envelope hadn't tipped me, the beautiful wrapping and the snowflake backing might have. Somehow thrown by a remark on the amazing Margaret's blog, I assumed it wasn't leaving her home country. But It has found it's perfect home here. My only quandry - am I allowed to keep a Christmas quilt on my wall year-round?! Because I'd really like to!
Margaret acknowledged violating the swap guidelines about no holiday quilts, but since I snuck in a Christmas tree in the quilting of the quilt I sent her in the Summer edition of the Four Seasons Quilt Swap, I think it's only fair! And she couldn't have made anything I'd love more.
As is usual with Margaret's quilts, the design, execution and detail are breath-taking.
The crystals and beads add a wonderful dimension.
And her intricate quilting is just beautiful, putting my stipples to shame! Check out the quilted glow of the candle! And I love that as a piece of her home, the background is covered with swirling snow. Little does she know how much I'd love a snowy Christmas, too!
And as the perfect finishing touch, James and Eleanor's initials on the stockings! James was thrilled by this - especially as I've promised to make them both stockings for this Christmas!
"There's an 'E' for Eleanor and a....?"
"James for me!!!"
Thank you, thank you, thank you Margaret!

PS - to those of you offering to have it if I didn't like it - not a hope!

4 comments:

Jo said...

what a gorgeous quilt!! i think you can definitely leave it hanging all year round :)

Unknown said...

How lucky are you! That is beautiful and I believe it would be criminal to not have it hanging year round.

black bear cabin said...

wow...i was coveting that one when i saw it on her blog :) how awesome...congrats!

Lily Mulholland said...

Oh wow Emma. That is exquisite. Lucky, lucky you!