Today James turned 3! It doesn't seem that long since his last birthday! We're saving his party, a picnic in a park, for when Simon's parents get back from their holiday in New Zealand, so today was fairly quiet. This morning we gave him a Thomas the Tank Engine (or, as he usually says, Thomas the Tankation - got that on video this morning, too!) duplo set and a 3-wheel scooter. Then Simon took him down to the beach for an early swim and to sail his toy boat - unfortunately he missed my parents while he was out. Eleanor and I stayed home and baked some chocolate cupcakes then collected him before Simon's sailing started. He's had lots of phonecalls and several cupcakes, and a few more presents this evening. Our house looks like a toystore after a cyclone; today's additions only made a small difference, as last night he decided to drag every toy in the house into our living areas, and most are still there - the lazy things we are!
(Admiring in the mirror)
At 3, James:
- Sings *or talks)most of the day
- Is quite sure of himself; "I'm ARE!"
- Is devoted to Bec, with Ra a close second
- Likes to choose and play with Mummy's 'teriool' (material) and has even sewn a few straight lines
- Has to have one or two cold mouthfuls of his evening "milk in my fish cup" before it is warmed
- Is very helpful and caring
- Has learned to open the front door, uh oh!
- Shares everything with Eleanor - except the toys!
- Loves Bananas in Pyjamas, Thomas the 'Tankation' and duplo
- Has a preference for pink and purple (and lipstick and tutus....!)
- Is still free with his kisses and cuddles
- Ensures Eleanor will learn to say 'thank you' sooner rather than later
- Has to talk to anyone who phones our house
- Is starting to have nightmares (the other morning while asleep in our bed: "No Eleanor, don't take my biscuit!!!")
- Has to have everything 'just so', and heaven forbid we forget!
- Wants to know WHY???
- Has a memory like an elephant
- Excuses any 'bad' behaviour from Eleanor because, "she doesn't understand Mummy"
- Is a big boy at times, and a little boy at others
- Loves his friends Ella and Rachel at child care
- Sang Happy Birthday to himself about 5 times!
(He told me later, he'd wanted to be a pink butterfly...)