Monday 16 November 2009

Does writing quilt instructions count?


I've been lacking quilting motivation recently, and have been catching up some long overdue sleep in the evenings instead. I didn't do any sewing worth mentioning this weekend either, but I did spend a considerable amount of time writing the instructions for Lilac Soda (I renamed the quilt!) and preparing to send it off to Australian Patchwork and Quilting.

I made the quilt, very similar to Breaking Surf, because I wanted to quilt feathers in the swirls again, and had a lof of fun FMQing the entire quilt - not a single stitch-in-the-ditch or any other straight line quilting in this one! I'll probably make another variation sometime, too - I'm not done with it yet. The instructions and steps are done, and if I could just think of a good introductory paragraph it would be ready to go.

Hopefully my normal quilting schedule will return this week!

5 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

I think it 'double counts' Emma! You are writing instructions so that others may quilt :) Congrats again!

Zarina said...

Emma - I think it is more hard work than the actual quilting. I am planning to move into the designing phase of my craftiness and it already feels headachey (am at the stage of gathering the tools for it)

Beena said...

It definitely counts! i would rather quilt than write instructions any day...which may explain why I have as many unfinished patterns as I do quilts.

It already sounds like a great introductory paragraph, explaining your inspiration for the piece and how/why you quilted it thusly...

Unknown said...

Absolutely it counts! Requires way more concentration I am sure!

Austysmum said...

BEAUTIFUL quilting, and congrats on another one published!