After a great deal of frustration, including no less than 10 broken needles in under 24 hours, Footsteps is quilted.
Most of the problems occurred in the first half-metre of the outer border (above), which I started last night and spent literally hours on (and yet more agonizing over it!). I really don't know what was the problem, or why I had thread/needle issues. I don't know why it suddenly decided to start behaving, either, and the remaining 3.5 sides took under an hour. I rethreaded, cleaned, oiled, changed threads, changed feet, even left the machine over night. Then suddenly early this evening everything started going smoothly again.
I've decided I'm too tired to attach the binding tonight - mostly because I can't be bothered clearing the ironing board!
So here instead are some peeks at the quilt - mostly taken at an angle (to show the quilting) and inside, as it's 1am and there's not a ngreat deal of natural light to be found! I love the way the trees came out, both front and back:
I think I'm on track to have it all ready for Friday night. I've had a few requests for international ticket sales, and am in a quandry. Of course I want to sell as many as possible, but I know it would be very costly to mail overseas, and I don't know how to organise payment.