Friday 7 November 2008

...and EBDQS2 received!

Here is the beautiful quilt Natalie made for James. I knew he'd love a quilt for Bec, so that's what I requested. and this is just perfect, I love her choice of colours and fabrics, and the design is really effective. She's put a lot of detail into the neat quilting, too - so many ends to tie-in! (And Natalie - you didn't do it wrong, it's just that some quilting designs don't have a simple way of connecting, so there's lots of stopping and starting - and lots of finishing-off!)
Here you can see details of the 2 blocks, including the cute quilted stars.
And the lovely label (James is always thrilled to see his name (anywhere!):
James was delighted to receive this quilt, and it went straight to his room, where he put Bec into bed...
Where he/she (Bec is of variable gender!) posed for a photo...
And was then turned onto his tummy (both James and Eleanor turned into tummy sleepers by 3m - James could barely sleep at all on his back, despite all the SIDS recommendations) to be 'patted' (I think 'whacked' would be a more accurate word) to sleep...
And then James snuck under with Bec...

Next came the hiccough. I found the extra little parcel Natalie ahd included for Eleanor, with some lovely pink Go Mama hairclips; I put them in her hair - her first ever hair-do! So what? Well, as you may have noticed in recent posts, James is currently obsessed with PINK and girly things in general. And he wanted those. Not appeased by his new quilt, he sadly told me to pack the quilt in the parcel and send it back, he wanted the clips instead!!! Sorry Natalie!

However, he was soon over all of that, and proudly (and unprompted) showed his 'beautiful quilt' to my mother and both my grandmothers when I left him and Eleanor with them while I went to the Quilt Show (next post). James had a nap wile I was out, and naturally Bec and the quilt went with him. On my return I heard that Bec didn't sleep well under her quilt because he (Bec) wriggled too much! (see, I told you Bec changes!) Later this evening, both my father and Simon were shown the 'lovely quilt', and it's currently wrapped around Bec, tucked in his arms in bed.

Thanks again, Natalie, and for thinking of Eleanor (I bet you never thought it would have such an effect!). I may keep the hairclips out of James' sight for a few days before getting a photo of them in Eleanor's hair...

We'll be adding all the swap quilts to the EB Quilters' Blog and Flickr Group shortly.

7 comments:

Austysmum said...

Aaaw - cute pics Emma - and Natalie, what a lovely quilt! The colours are just gorgeous, and I love the stripes and stars. THe quilting looks very neat and tidy so worth all that extra finishing off I think - James is a lucky little boy (and so is Bec of course!)

jovaliquilts said...

Such a cute quilt -- the stripes in the sashing really set it off! And the photos of James with his quilt are adorable!

Gina said...

What a beautoful quilt and James and bec obviously adore it.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Leah said...

Oh, great quilt!

Unknown said...

Lovely! This quilt has obviously gone to a loving and caring owner.

Lily Mulholland said...

Oh Natalie did a great job. LOL at James wanting the hairclips too!

Natalie said...

I'm so happy to hear that James likes the quilt! I really enjoyed making it, can't wait to start a new one.

lol at James wanting to keep the clips instead of the quilt - Jai's favourite colour used to be pink, he used to love picking things out for Cheriese, and even asked if he could wear pink clothes too. Now his fav colour is yellow.