Saturday 1 November 2008

Too much?

Here is most of my next baby quilt laid-out. I've mocked-up the centre will actually be a photo and the baby's birth details, surrounded by the pink border. The bottom left corner shows some of the border fabric. It'll be bound in the pink - I think. I went with Simon's suggestion of fabric for the 12 plain diamonds, but now think they're too much. What do you think? Should I replace them with something a little less silvery and showy? I'm tempted, because as it is, they tend to overpower the fiddly, pieced stars!
#1 As it is:
And here are three fabric alternatives done with a little photo manipulation!
#2 This was my original idea:
#3 This could work?:
#4 No, the blue is too greeny:
So, which works best? Pick the number and let me know!

9 comments:

Mom said...

I love all of the stars. I tend to think the royal blue background is overpowering to them. Perhaps a softer background might be nicer.
...just my humble opinion.

-Lovely piecings though!

Jo said...

I like the original one (with simon's ideas) or have you tried it with plan blue like the outside (so the pieced stars will really stand out)

Leah said...

Maybe the paler blue from the stars? I don't know... but your stars look great anyway!

Lily Mulholland said...

Actually I like the first one! You'll need to pick up the shimmers in the binding though to make sure your fiddly stars don't disappear!

AJ said...

Sorry I like Simon's one too!!

red in oz said...

I would probably wimp out and go with a plain blue, and then use the sparkly stars for the binding...

Difficult one, I'm sure you will choose well!

Ellie said...

I like the first one

Gina said...

i like your original idea the best. I agree with you that Siimon's choice is a bit to busy.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Margeeth said...

I like number 2 best.