Thursday 13 November 2008

Maths revision

I'm really not sure how I came to the conclusion last night that reducing my quilt layout from 6x5 (30 blocks) to 4x5 (20 blocks) would leave 16 spare! But tonight while putting the quilt top together; all it needs now are the white side borders (blogger rotated the photo of its own accord again); I came up with a fun design to use 9 of the spare blocks for a fairly quick baby quilt to keep up my sleeve for the next baby girl to arrive And I think I'll use the final block for a mini quilt. I'm happy with the final size. I had thought I might want to add an extra border, but it's a nice lap-size as it is; roughly 44x55in.

6 comments:

Gina said...

Love the quilt. Nice fresh colours. White wouldn't last long in our house though. Stan would soon turn it black.

love and hugs gina xxx

Austysmum said...

Beautiful and fresh, Emma! You are so quick too!

Little Munchkins said...

Beautiful quilt. I love the Farmer's Market fabric and it goes so well with the white.

Anonymous said...

that looks awesome Emma_L you are so clever

Anonymous said...

oops not anonymous it was kellymum2cnee

Helen said...

Ohhh, nice and crisp colours Em! Stunning! For your lap?