Friday 15 October 2010

AMQF 2012

After the Australian Machine Quilting Festival finished, I provided some feedback to the organisers. The gist of this was that I loved it, but would have liked a bigger focus on DSMs (that's domestic sewing machine quilters - most of us!) and hands-on classes. I had a response from Tracey Browning, advising me that the second AMQF, to be held 28th September – 1st October 2012 will do just this.


It seems that in organising this inaugural event, they had some difficulty convincing DSMers that this festival was for them, and they want to spread the word. And that's where this post comes in. I want to encourage as many of you as possible to pop over and comment on their blog and advise the organisers of your interest in DSM quilting at AMQF 2012. The more people who do this, the more classes, retailers, teachers, lecturers etc... they will be able to organise for us, and the better the festival will be. Being such a new venture, it's a terrific opportunity to have a say in what we want!

I should add - I have no financial interest in AMQF, only a personal desire to see it become an even more valuable asset to quilters such as myself. That said, by 2012, maybe I will have established myself enough to become more involved.

I want to stress again that I found AMQF a wonderful experience. I was most impressed with how well the organisers managed something so new, and know that next time it will be even bigger and better.

So go over to their blog and tell them what you'd like to see, and book the dates in your diary for a visit to Adelaide!

No comments: