Wednesday 13 October 2010

Texture

I completed quilting my EBDQS quilt tonight, and have been fondling it ever since; it has such great texture.


These peeks aren't the best colour, but it actually came out brighter than I feared it might, and the fabric is a crisp white.


The dense quilting (the lines average at under 1/8in apart over the whole quilt) shrunk the quilt considerably; the blocks started at 8in, and finished at 7 5/8in.


I'm now dithering over binding options; I don't want anything which will overpower the quilting, but I do want to frame it effectively.

15 comments:

Dresden Quilter said...

It looks amazing! You are so talented!

Quiltin Jenny said...

I cannot get over this quilting. It is breathtaking!

I think I might consider a very thin, plain black binding.

Quiltbenaco said...

Non ho parole....
dire stupendo รจ molto riduttivo
Ciao
Domenica

FlourishingPalms said...

Gorgeously stunning, Emma! Your workmanship is NOT to be believed! Can you pass along a thimbleful for me?

Unknown said...

loooove the little coffee bean shaped stitching in the one close up. This is awesome!

Unknown said...

It looks awesome!

Suzanne said...

Wow, you are truly a very talented lady. This looks amazing.

Karen said...

Stunning and beautiful!!!

Helen said...

Wow Emma! I think you may have outdone yourself, this looks incredible!

princess pudge said...

OMG, this had better come live in my house where I can ogle it alll day!!!!!

Galya said...

gorgeous kaleidoscopes! I'd like to see the whole quilt))

Joanne said...

Stunning!! Your work is amazing!

Joan said...

That is absolutley wonderful - you are so talented...I LOVE the quilting. Fantastic!!

Fiona said...

Wow, that is a truly stunning quilt. So much work!

Chris said...

This quilt is so amazing and detailed! Well done!