Saturday 9 October 2010

Cut & Paste

Yes - more drawings...

I've been working on my quilt design again - still no actual quilting! I'm working on a full-size pattern, although apart from the centre, I'm only doing just over one quadrant. It's awkward enough to handle as it is.


All of the components are hand-drawn and designed by me. After drawing them I'm speeding up the process, and keeping consistency, by scanning the drawings so I can adjust the sizes and print as many as I need - which is where the cutting and pasting comes in.


I'm planning to make this a black wholecloth, and am looking for a top-quality black cotton that's about 2m (2 1/4y) wide - any suggestions? Emma Louise would be perfect if it came that wide. I'd like a really fine-weave quilters' cotton.

2 comments:

Bec Clarke said...

WOW that looks amazing, very clever to scan it into the computer. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Joan said...

That looks amazing - I would love to know exaclty how you are going about it??